Tuesday, January 19, 2010

67th Golden Globe



I watched the entire award show first time in my life because Ricky Gervais was hosting it. However, the expectation for him to be funny, turn out to be a flop. He made some lame jokes about his own private part, which is... not cool.

Anyway, call me old school, but HOW COULD AVATAR WON over Inglorious Basterds? Avatar is just a high tech version of Pocahontas. "Man walked into the jungle, man fell in love, man stay happily ever after in the jungle". Come on! There's no memorable acting, no conversations that could make any impact at all. Also, what's all the fuss "make the connection" with the fiber optics jutting out from each others tail, with certain kind of self-melting mechanism to do the bonding, never mind the 3D technology too, it made my eye teary throughout the whole show. I was suck into this whirlpool of hype, and yet, I found it has no originality, and definitely think it's overrated, over-hype! Rubbish.

But I am glad my favorite character in Inglorious Basterds, that's right, "Monsieur LaPadite, I regret to inform you I have exhausted the extent of my French.... " Christoph Waltz won Best Supporting Actor. His acceptance speech with his signature voice sound like he had murder few Jews before accepting the award, like he was still in the spell-binding movie, Awesome!

4 comments:

kim ean said...

yeer, he so cruel

Kim Huey said...

evil is my expertise. :)

Tony said...

agree on the avatar. great movie should have great memorable quotes/ lines. like, "go to the mattress", "say hello to my lil' friend", "for'get a'bout it"..... well, i'm just saying nonsense here. Fuck Avatar! Now that makes some sense.

Kim Huey said...

you had me at hello.